COVID- 19 Policy for The Glen Ellyn Food Pantry
Pantry Overall Protocol
- The Glen Ellyn Food Pantry is following the recommended guidelines from the CDC and our local DuPage County Health Department to stay updated on the protocol on COVID-19.
- Entrance to the Pantry will be limited to staff and volunteers.
- The Food Pantry is taking precautions daily by taking temperatures, mandating masks, offering gloves, sanitizers and a hand washing station as well as social distancing.
- In order to keep everyone safe we will continue to serve clients through contactless pick-ups and customized grocery orders by phoning each client the day of their appointment.
- Emergency food (walk-in) clients who do not have appointments will continue to be served outside by lining up 6 feet apart before their food is provided.
- The Pantry continues to wipe and sanitize all carts after distribution and at the end of each day as well as all surfaces.
- The Pantry has contracted a certified restoration service company who has sanitized the Food Panty space and surfaces.
Pantry Volunteer and Staff Protocol
- Please refrain from entering the Pantry if you have any of the following symptoms:
Temperature of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, diarrhea, headache, muscle/body aches, loss of taste or smell;
or if you have traveled and feel you may have been exposed,
- If you have been EXPOSED to someone with COVID: you may resume your next scheduled volunteer slot or work day if: 1) you have been tested within 5-14 days after exposure with a negative result or, 2) have experienced no symptoms for 14 days after exposure.
- If you have TESTED POSITIVE: please inform the Pantry staff so we can take appropriate measures and refrain from entering the Pantry for 14 days after your positive test and you are you are exhibiting no symptoms.
- Note: The Pantry is following the guidelines of the CDC and will not restrict volunteers or staff to quarantine after travel.
Please help us to keep the Pantry in full operations and each other safe and healthy.