We couldn’t serve thousands of neighbors in need without the support of our amazing volunteers. More than 460 people volunteered at the Pantry in 2021. That equals 13,281 service hours! And that translates to more than 6 full-time employees! Which is a value $28.54 per hour. And that means the value of volunteer time donated was $380,000!
Check all of our Volunteer resources!
- Get started by filling out the Volunteer Form – either online or complete the printed form and bring it to the Pantry.
- Explore the 2022 Volunteer Handbook – it has information about the Pantry’s mission and history, and important details about safety and other policies.
- Learn about the Pantry, including our 42-year history and the impact we are making in our communities, at the Volunteer Orientations. 45-minute presentations, which includes a Pantry tour, are offered at two convenient times each month at the Pantry. Great opportunity for new volunteers to learn the ropes and a perfect chance for long-time volunteers to get up-to-date information on new services and procedures.
- Food Recovery Pick-Ups: Drive your own vehicle to local grocery stores to pick-up daily donations and deliver to the Pantry.
- Food Stocking: Sort food donations and restock shelves.
- Client Services: Assist clients with appointments or who walk-in with their shopping. (must be vaccinated)
- Grocery Care Pack: Help assemble groceries on the second Tuesday of the month for delivery to 150 refugee families.
- Special Projects: Assemble Pantry direct mailings, help with holiday grocery distribution, participate in fundraisers, and more. (volunteers will be notified when assistance is needed)